Saturday, November 24, 2018

Needing a Laugh

It’s no secret I lead a blessed life. Too many others are not near as lucky. I hope you are one of the few.

As for the many unfortunate, this morning my house was filled with the sound of rioting. My husband has been fascinated with the upheaval in France. I can only pray for peace in Paris, that nobody gets killed. As I type this, darkness is falling upon Western Europe. ~shudders~ As SO put it, this (fill in the blank) is about to get real.

I decided to check out what’s happening on more personal social media, maybe enjoy some cute furry family photos. Instead I found continuing misery. It seems everywhere I turn there is pain, even death, several folks requesting prayer for peace and hope.

A long-time Internet friend and sweet southern belle has to take her newborn to the hospital for more testing as he suffers some sort of deficiency. I got to see her live camera feed shortly after the C-section delivery. She looked exhausted but happy. On the bright side, they expect his full recovery.

Others are less fortunate.

One writer I befriended on FB raised a kitten from birth over the summer. He was the sole survivor of that litter. Every day she posted photographic updates of that darling boy. She nursed him through several stubborn eye infections, helping him grow into a handsome, healthy, lanky and loving little fellow.

For whatever reason, she kept the mother cat but turned Sammie’s kitten over to her adult brother. What news did she post today? Another photo sent by her sibling?

No.

Her brother somehow let this young cat outside where he got struck and killed by a car. I felt physically sick upon finding that on top of all the other suffering and sorrow online.

I'm Glad Mama Sammie Will Never Know the Sorrow
What a minor relief to find the following cartoon. It stems from suffering, too, but I hope you enjoy nonetheless.

You Gotta Love Clever People

How is your day going?

-

12 comments:

  1. I'm one of the fortunate ones like you. I've a wonderful life and feel blessed every single day.

    I think the world has gone mad. Much of it anyway. It's sad.

    Yikes on that kitty. So very sad.

    I feel much better about things if I stay away from the so called media. They are more emotion than anything else.

    Have a fabulous weekend, Darla. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy for us, Sandee. ~hugs~ The legacy media is poison. I like to get my news through independent content creators without a corporate agenda. ~nods~ Be well!

      Delete
  2. Now that you mention it, I should have started my day reading happy news! I was reading about the 13 year old autistic boy who has become an advocate to end "seclusion rooms" in schools. I had no idea these existed as the article told it! So, the boy is wonderful, he's an inspiration, but knowing parents don't have to be told schools do this is shocking.
    Plus, one of our Guinea pigs died Thanksgiving day, a week after we had to take our last pet rat to the emergency bet to be euthanized. My late mother-in-law said things "come in threes," but I hope she was wrong!

    Sorry, now I've just been sucked into the sad stuff. Time to change to something bright and cheerful! Lots of neighbors are putting up Christmas decorations! There... that's bright and cheerful!

    I do like your lettuce comic! I never buy Romaine, so we're safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry for your loss. That's never fun. My husband says celebrity deaths come in threes, and I grew up with that phrase referring to any difficulty or sorrow. I hope the rest of your weekend is better. ~hugs~ Take care, my dear.

      Delete
  3. The world is going through something right now. Hopefully we get to the other side of it intact. Happy Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the fact we have worldwide coverage showcases issues mankind has forever faced. But society seems to be falling apart. I wish you all the best.

      Delete
  4. It's life I suppose, good and bad, the mixed salad. Minus the romaine. (had to add that).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice pun! I know you've seen your share of trauma and heartache. ~hugs~ Thank you for the giggle.

      Delete
  5. There is too much sadness in this world. Stories about cats seem to upset me the most. I try to avoid FB because there are so many sad things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you. Oddly, most of the FB posts I find uplift me. Guess I'm lucky that way. Take care!

      Delete
  6. HAHA...I LOVE THE WEED cartoon! HAHA...that is awesome. My daughter and mom seem to be amazed most days that I really have no clue what is going on around me in my own state, why you might ask? Well, when I worked I would get up and turn on the TV basically to have the nosie and to see the trafic and weather. But with those two comes the news of what took place around town. This person car jacked, this person shot, this one stabbed, this one killed in a home invasion...etc. I felt like the air was sucked out of my balloon before even leaving the house. Then I would get home and it would be a repeat but only about what took place during the day. I just could not take it so I stopped listening to the news. I did still continue to do the morning but I blocked all but he weather and trafic. Love doing fb but there again it has gotten so bad with this sort of stuff. Most times I scroll past. So much suffering and so many idiots out there. So now being retired (by the way I know you wanted me to write a book comment!) the most news I get is on fb. I stay on cable most of the day and it is usually just for the noise. So there you have it...why I have no clue what is going on around me, its not just cause I am in a fog all the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you, my dear. ~hugs~ I understand what you're saying. My husband informs me of most stuff I ought to know. Heh...

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!