Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thursday Thirteen

I was stumbling around the internet and found an unusual collection of pictures on Flickr. So, here are thirteen images of very interesting bedrooms. They are mostly beautiful, but there are a few pretty horrific ones I couldn't resist sharing.

1. There's nothing like camping in style:



2. Here's a love nest right out of the seventies:



3. I officially want to stay in an ice hotel some day:



4. Cozy comes to mind here:



5. I like the skylights:



6. This must be from a museum:



7. The implication that we're on a sailing vessel of some kind really intrigues me:



8. I'm dizzy, but like that it looks to be straight out of a sultan's tent:



9. I appreciate all the wood here, even though the camera angle and covered windows make me feel claustrophobic:



10. I want to sneeze, imagining all the dust that would be trapped in the hangings:



11. This is just eerie, like something out of a nightmare:



12. I just love the horror movie quality of this one from an abandoned asylum:



13. And to leave you with an image of beauty:

12 comments:

  1. #4 brings back happy memories of a bedroom quite like that. Thank you for these warm and fuzzies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great! I would so not be comfortable with those skylights! Eeek! The bottom pic with the trees looks like it should be in LOTR!

    *hugs*
    Paige

    My TT is at http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what interesting beds. I imagine the mosquito netting ones are someplace where you might actually need mosquito netting. Not a happy thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are awesome! I really love the ones with netting over them. Very romantic. :) Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. #1 looks like a Harry Potter tent. #10 makes me think of Belize.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the wonderful comments! I'm glad you enjoyed. Now I want to curl up in one, though definitely not number 12.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The ice bed sounds LOVELY right now in my 91 degree breezeless hell.

    ReplyDelete
  8. #3 - I would so be freezing my butt off in an ice hotel...not to mention other parts of me.

    #5 - The skylights might be kind of cool on a clear, starlit night, but I would not appreciate the sun shining in my eyes at the crack of dawn.

    #8 - Ack! I think you just blinded me with all those different patterns.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love #10 but it's mostly white. I'd dirty it up too fast. I don't like doing laundry. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your comments are excellent, as usual. I think I'd like the last one, in a medium shade of natural wood.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed these new comments! Thank you! And the compliment is very much appreciated, Dilo. One thing about the last one that I don't get are those feather boa-type things shooting across the floor. What the heck? I should see if my dad could make that bed. It would be cool.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd go camping more often if I could get a tent like picture #1. 5 and 13 are my favorites. I'd never get any sleep in 3, 11 or 12.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to share your opinion. Hearing from readers adds immensely to my joy of writing!