Friday, July 23, 2010

Have You Thanked an Author Today?

I've gotten in the habit of contacting an author when I enjoy his or her story. It's been rewarding on both ends. Just today I read the short, romantic m/m piece "Lilac House" by Jay Starre. The e-book listed his email address at the end, so I immediately fired off a short note to praise his clear, concise storytelling and nicely developed characters.

Within ten minutes, I think, he replied with gratifying appreciation. So I'll ask again, have you thanked an author today? You'll both be glad you did. Now, I should probably go through my library and give a shout to one or ten others one of these days.

2 comments:

  1. This is a great idea, and I don't do it as often as I should. I certainly love being on the receiving end of a note. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that the truth! Thanks for the delightful comment!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to share your opinion. Hearing from readers adds immensely to my joy of writing!