Sunday, March 31, 2024

Some Like it Hot, Some Not

After posting my image of Tabasco bottles I realized further back story might be fun, at least for me. ~grin~ And this story goes way back to 1989 when my husband and I met. On an early date he introduced me to Buffalo style chicken wings, beginning my ongoing appreciation of spicy foods.

I could not begin to name all the hot sauces we’ve tasted over the years or even the varieties currently in our refrigerator. Tabasco and Frank’s are two mainstream brands we always stock. Believe me, both the tiny bottles and large will get used. In fact, I carry a miniature with me at all times, a handy way to spice up food on the go. Flaming hot is best avoided otherwise, such as with this sad sight.


 While sorry for the homeowner(s) and wishing no residents were physically harmed, I find beauty in the charred remains. Then again, perhaps the structure was unsafe and firefighters practiced with a controlled burn. One can only hope.

Another fire related memory regards my last employment. Volatile chemicals sometimes flared up, so all the plant and office workers endured random fire drills.

An actual fire chief attended one such event with a funny story. Despite knowing better, he placed aluminum foil wrapped leftover food into a microwave oven. Oops.

That company also scheduled tornado drills. Midwest Ohio is prone to those dangerous events.

Are you familiar with the screenplay "Some Like it Hot"? Does your residence require regular emergency drills?

-

14 comments:

  1. I love spicy food. Way to much. There was a time that eggs had to have Tabasco or I wouldn't eat them. Not anymore. I can't even tell you the digestive issues I have. I'm not sorry for all the spicy food I've enjoyed though.

    Being in law enforcement you have all kinds of drills. Never ending. Not a bad thing at all.

    Happy Easter and have a fabulous week, Darla. Hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry about your health issues. ~hugs~ And thank you so much for your service. ~nods~ Best wishes, my dear.

      Delete
  2. Dearest Sandee,
    Well, on Tuesday we travelled one hour away and enjoyed lunch at an Indian restaurant and of course—I asked for the VERY spicy version. Enjoyed it and I must admit, while living and working in Indonesia with several weeks in India in–between, I got addicted to the hot, hot food.
    Oops what a blooper for that fire chief for putting aluminum foil wrapped food inside the microwave...
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea to carry hot sauce with you. That poor house.
    Happy Easter!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a practice drill a couple times a year here so the kitties know what to do and to not be scared. I used to work at a hospital so I've had my share of emergency drills LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only imagine what you've done and seen working in a hospital. ~shudder~ Thanks for the work aiding your community. ~hugs~ Lamentably, we've been lazy about emergency drills for our kitties and ourselves.

      Delete
  5. I cannot do hot sauces at all. At just the smell of them, I start to tear up. Barb, however, loves them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Some Like It Hot" is one film that I'll rewatch over and over. One of my favorite last lines: "Nobody's perfect!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. I may have mentioned once or twice that one of the high schools I work at has the fire alarm go off randomly. Frequently. If we had to evacuate every time that thing went off, we'd be out of class more often than we are in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is an issue that needs addressing, for sure. Stay safe!

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!