Monday, June 5, 2023

Unseasonal Repair & Assorted News

My computer glasses broke a while back and, with everything going on, I decided on a temporary repair. Oh, my eyeglass repair guy retired, too. He worked wonders on my vintage frames. At least these could probably be fixed at any optical shop. Anyway, here is my whimsical solution.


As for news, my husband is doing quite a bit better. He had me worried about visiting the cardiologist after hearing that his heart function was less than optimal. Thank heaven, the doctor acted unconcerned, expects improvement with time, and will see him in six months.

Fortunately, a dear lady I’ve called ‘Mom’ since childhood, the mother of my oldest friend, is also doing better after low potassium and high blood pressure landed her in the hospital. She survived cancer of the jaw decades ago. Doctors didn’t expect her to live and decades later complications arose. But she and ‘Dad’ were still travelling and enjoying life years later; I hope that resumes.

Dandelion is getting along great with our other kitties. She strode upstairs Sunday morning and I’ve witnessed Terra’s occasional hiss – no big deal. Dani gets her dental work done on Wednesday. That might improve cat politics even more.

As I type I’m sitting outside enjoying my garden. A pair of neighbor ladies stopped by. They like my new water feature. It’s a work in progress.

I feel so blessed.

Do you enjoy water features? Should I extend my pond and add fish?

-

14 comments:

  1. I would have loved to see your water feature. I have one in front yard with water lilies and small fish. Another bigger pond in the back yard with koi fish! I love going to talk with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, your ponds must be amazing! Enjoy, my dear.

      Delete
  2. Having your glasses fixed is a good thing. Glad about hubby not being as bad off as they scared you with. We just went through that too. I wish they would handle these kind of things better.

    I love water features and I love listening to them the very best.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Darla. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fish in outdoor ponds never seems to end well. But a larger pond would be good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative fix. I am glad your hubby is doing better. I will be praying all goes well for Dandelion. I like koi, but I think you would need to heat it in the winter. XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big relief on the health scares, then. That's good. Fountains are nice. I'm sure you would enjoy having fish out there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good to read that your husband is better. The Hubby had a heart thing while having out-patient surgery a couple of months ago, so they kept him in the hospital for two days. Since then, the cardiologist is like, 'meh', so that's good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a good update all around and I'm glad your hubby is doing better and that Dandelion is enjoying her home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love a water fountain, or pond. Thought about doing one, but it would take me forever to get it done and even then, the up keep makes me think twice

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!