Sunday, February 5, 2023

Truth in Advertising?

I have been reading labels like never before, both for our cats’ health and us humans. Mind numbing as all the conflicting nutritional information is, one thing has begun standing out. Almost every package shows not only the product but also a serving suggestion. Most of the time those make sense. But not always…

If this dumpling could speak,
what would it say?

Even funnier is the fact the gnocchi are clearly visible through otherwise clear packaging.

Doesn’t this close-up look rather like an insect larva? Could they have made it look less appetizing?

-

12 comments:

  1. They couldn't have made it less appetizing. We read the labels too.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Darla. Hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't generally like the serving suggestions. Why not make the whole package the serving suggestion? (I mean, I know it has to do with what's cheaper in packaging and such, but it can be annoying.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some are helpful, such as those that suggest side dish pairings. But it is generally annoying. Be well!

      Delete
  3. Looks like what we call here a witchetty grub.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes. that looks bizarre, not sure that was a good choice for the package, yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The last time that I ordered gnocchi at a very good Italian restaurant, the look of insect larvae put me right off my food (which, in itself, is very hard to do...) and I've not gone near such items since. Blrgh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha.....I am not eating that lava looking thing! LOL...That is like diet food, low fat, or fat free....that stuff is sweetened with something else or than sugar. That something else stuff does not go well with Fibro and cause my pain to sky rocket. That is why I will stick with sugar, but watch the amount.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you do your best to care for your body but wish we could will away Fibro and your other health issues.

      Delete
  7. That doesn't look like the gnoccis in the soup at The Olive Garden. :) XO

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!