Sunday, June 7, 2020

Mindfulness

Mindfulness is a Zen philosophy I (obviously) never mastered. Take for example this morning's 'duh' moment. Sweet kitty Jezebel received her final dose of eye and ear drops yesterday morning. Never one to appreciate being picked up, she is tolerant on occasion if I carry her to my husband or we look out windows together.

Since the photo of my scratch came out looking so ugly,
here instead is a view from my writing table
on the back deck this lovely day.

Guess who didn't want to be picked up today, so soon after being traumatized? And how could I do anything but apologize to her after acting so thoughtless?

-
-

18 comments:

  1. Cats rule don't they. Yes they do.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Darla. Scritches to the boss. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All fine, unless those scratches get infected....

    Yes, I am grumpy.

    I also have a medical issue, which does not _allow_ cat scratches!!! So it would be me, or the pet. Guess who would win?

    Never had a pet in need of all such medications though. Occasional eye drops were fine.

    Watch those scratches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They are healing. I hope you are well, my dear. And I don't consider you grumpy. ~grin~

      Delete
    2. Oh, my dear, I cannot access your blog. I hope all is well. ~hugs~ Take care!

      Delete
    3. I explained about my blog, on a post on my blog, a couple of days ago.

      Delete
    4. Well, darn. I missed that. ~sigh~ Be well!

      Delete
  3. Cats do get very suspicious after something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not fun when pets lash out. Hopefully your owie heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She just wanted to get away. What can you do? But thank you, it's healing just fine.

      Delete
  5. Yeah, I'm right there on the not wanting to be picked up thing. I have to be thankful that for my age I'm in pretty decent shape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're doing well. You're such a treat!

      Delete
  6. Yes, you thoughtlessly treated her ills. How awful of you. Love your office view!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hokey smokes, if I got a dollar for everytime I apologized to my cats for doing something that upset them, I'd have an really nice retirement fund!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cats are cats! Hope the medicine is working. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She is doing well. Take care, yourself, my friend.

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!