Monday, October 28, 2019

Recovering the L – Teamwork & How I Fixed My Keyboard


Concerned over the improper seated L key on my laptop, my husband consulted Laptopkey.com. Uncertain replacement would fix the issue, I nonetheless helped make sure he selected the correct kit. Even identical makes and models with the precise same layout use different hinge configurations.

If you’re in need I recommend this website, not for personal gain, but because their service is consummate. Videos provide instruction, prices are reasonable, and the warehouse ships within twenty-four business hours. My key remained in the envelope for several days, in fact, as I feared attempting to repair a working keyboard would backfire. This morning I decided to take the plunge and remove my rocking L key.

DH offered to hold a flashlight for me but anyone standing over my shoulder wrecks my concentration. So I tackled this detailed handiwork without telling him. My composure held even during the intimidating task of ripping off the tiny rubber cup and scraping away all adhered remnants. I worried the new one, a literal key component, wouldn’t stay put.

It did!

A minute piece must have broken from my original hinge pieces, preventing the key from snapping into place. Anyway, I’m delighted with this minor success.

What do you hope to achieve today?

-

18 comments:

  1. I need to try this with my "v" key. I'll go check this out.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Darla. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it works out. Hugs and well wishes back at ya, my dear. :)

      Delete
  2. Nice. It's amazing how we can work ourselves up into a lather worrying about something that then repairs very easily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And I'm happy to report that it didn't bother me much. After all, I own a bluetooth keyboard that works great. So even a total breakage of a letter key wouldn't be a total catastrophe. Be well!

      Delete
  3. We must rejoice in our wins; it doesn't matter if they are big or small! I am happy if I remember to carry my hot tea travel mug out of the house every morning for work...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said. ~hugs~ I hope you remember it every time. :)

      Delete
  4. Re: your comment in my blog.... If you both do not want to go, do not go. Who is in charge of you two? You? Or big brother? Huuuu? Huuuu? Huuuuu?

    We all need to learn to say No, to all and every thing, we do not want to do. Excluding emergency situations of course. But ALL, which merely want to 'eat at' our time/life choices/etc., deserve a pleasant, but emphatic "No!"

    They will pout for a while. Fine, let 'em. It is your life and your life choices. And those come first. Especially the older we get. Don't know your age, but you aren't 21. -smile-

    Traveling against your wishes, would be very stressful. Not good for your health. Not good for your disposition either. Who wants "grumbleee" people, accompanying them?

    Want me to deal with him???!!!??? I'd love to!!!!!!!

    🔥 🏡 📚 🔥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoooooooo-Hooooooooo!!!!!! _Great!!!_ Super! Congratulations!!!

    Now, just add to, the wonders you can do. Tell big bro to go by himself, and to leave you two alone. -grin-

    You'll feel doubly Super Charged!!!!!!!!!

    🔥 🏡 📚 🔥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does mean well. :) Thanks for all the support!

      Delete
  6. Achieve? Do I have to achieve something today? haha....actually I did it already. I went to work for four hours, came home, took an hour long nap, fed the babes and now I am achieving blog surfing! Yep....blog surfing, that is it! haha....Yesterday however I achieved the cleaning of my living room. I sat a good chair and stool out by the road for someone like me that does road side shopping to pick up,...not takers. So I guess it will go off to Goodwill this evening on my way to feed. Oh yay....I have loading up stuff to haul off.....but maybe I will achieve that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're an inspiration. Truly. ~hugs~ Please don't overdo it, though.

      Delete
    2. haha...my sis in law told me the other day that I was her hero.....I laughed. I just do what I need to do to get by, if you could see this house you would think I never do.

      Delete
  7. Nice fix. A lot of people would have tossed the keyboard and gotten another. I admire fixing something instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am lucky this was easy. Your achievements blow this away. ~nods~ Be well, my dear.

      Delete
  8. Oh dear please do tell about this Halloween collection???

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!