Monday, October 14, 2019

L is for… Love?

Well, I pulled a loser bonehead maneuver yesterday evening. An attempt to clean my keyboard resulted in the L key coming off. I thought I could just snap it back into place, but found that not to be the case. Online searches this morning resulted in a partial victory as the key is usable, just not attached properly.

~sigh~
You see, one of the two plastic retainer clips remained attached to the key itself while all the demonstrations show those bits being installed first and the key snapped in place overtop. I’ve decided to wait until my husband comes home for his professional tech advice. Otherwise, any further attempt may result in breakage of those tiny plastic pieces.

That’s okay. This is an opportunity to blog about something lighthearted for a change. It seems I’ve done little other than whine and complain of late.

And seeing as it is the L key reminded me of a favorite comedy, “Dodgeball: a True Underdog Story”. Vince Vaughn is at his comedic best in my opinion, and the entire supporting cast is right up there with him.

Specifically, the bittersweet skit between Gordon (portrayed by prolific and esteemed character actor Stephen Root) and his mail-order bride seated in the gymnasium with her stepchildren came to mind. These images sum up their story.

I think these children struggled not to laugh...
The expressions on the other guys' faces cracks me up every time...
If the world is your oyster, will irritating the entire globe give you pearls?

-

18 comments:

  1. All of a sudden, while reading your post, my mind flashed back to the alleged rumor that the Clinton staff, upon existing the White House, popped the 'w' key off of all the keyboards, in some sort of jest on President Bush's middle name. I also remember my old typewriters, and how each one had a key or two that were sticky...hope your husband helps with your 'l' crisis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny. I don't recall that rumor. Thanks for sharing. I *do* recall sticky typewriter keys. By the way, typing was the only true long-term useful class I ever recall taking throughout high school. Heh... Thanks for the kind word.

      Delete
  2. EASTSIDE CATS... I remember old typewriter keys with sticky letters, tooooo!!!!!! -shushhhhhh- Just showing we used a typewriter, is "telling"! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. DARLA... Agree, typing was the only true long-time useful class I took in HS!!!!!

    I have done the remove and clean keyboard and keys... But not recently!!!! Think I will wait longer, to try it again, too! -grin-

    Same here, with searching for a not-grumbly post topic. Is there a "little gray cloud," moving around, over a lot of us????

    No, no, no! Can't think that way!!!

    Courage!!!!

    πŸ‚πŸπŸŽƒπŸπŸ‚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've felt like storm clouds swept me off my feet around the first of the year and are barely now drifting away. ~sigh~ Courage is a good word for dark times. Take care!

      Delete
  4. I swear there is a key missing on at least one keyboard in every classroom I'm in. The kiddos somehow manage, or maybe they just switch to a different computer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's frustrating. I suppose they receive very hard use.

      Delete
  5. Some keyboards have issues. I have an issue with the letter V. Sometimes it appears and sometimes I hit that key and nothing happens.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Darla. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How annoying. I am lucky to have a tech guy for a husband. Meanwhile, it's working okay. Hugs back, my dear.

      Delete
  6. I have a key missing on a couple of my laptops. They work ok - it's my typing that is sub-par (because I taught myself to type in eighth grade )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet your typing is better than you think. ~nods~ Teaching yourself is impressive, too.

      Delete
  7. That reminds me of my last laptop. The P stuck and I asked a friend if she passed her exam ( minus the p) :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved that movie! the letters and numbers are worn off my keyboard. At least my fingers know what they are. My brain doesn't though, if say I have to type one handed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. And it's so re-watchable. ~grin~ I know what you mean about muscle memory on the keyboard. I'm sorry your keyboard is so worn. :( Be well!

      Delete
  9. Dear Darla,
    Will you please go to comments on my post, where you asked where I got the pretty picture, which is now my Header... There, I answer that question.

    I will also copy it here.... below. I would have sent this, to your email addy, but there is not one, on your Profile.

    -----------------------------------------------

    Dear DARLA... You asked; "... where did you get that amazing image for your header?"

    Look just below my Header pic.......On the left side.....There you see

    Header - LINK

    That LINK is a click-able link, which takes you to, the site where I found that pretty picture.

    I always put such a click-able link, below the pictures I use in blogging. Unless they are a pic, I took myself. And mine, are never as polished, as the ones I get, on the net. :-)

    Also, if you pass your cursor (little 'hand' or 'arrow,' showing where you 'are' on the computer page) over those click-able links, they change color... to a brighter color, which show, they can be clicked on.

    I think I will do a post, on blogging things like this. Because people ask me this question. They may not be familiar with how to give credit back, to pics we use, and how to do this...

    Gentle hugs...
    Wisps of Words

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmmm, yes I would probably have everyone I pissed off throwing those said pearls at me!

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!