Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Splintered – a Quality Control Fail

Despite repeated advisement against inserting cotton swabs in my ears I sometimes can’t resist. Lucky for me, I didn’t suffer damage from a bizarre product flaw. An actual metal splinter with very sharp ends (!) got caught up in the cotton fibers.

Having made this discovery when checking the used swab for excessive wax, I feel extremely fortunate. How did I not injure myself? And now I check for foreign objects prior to use.

I’m horrified at thought of some oblivious parent swabbing a sick baby’s clogged nostril with that thing. ~shudders~ On that note, I should notify the manufacturer.

Would you ever expect to find such a thing?

-

15 comments:

  1. That's terrifying! I would contact the manufacturer, definitely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes, that's more than frightening. I'm happy you didn't hurt yourself. Good grief. Yes contact them.

    Have a fabulous day, Darla. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONTACT MANUFACTURER!!!!!!!!!!

    Please!

    You are so lucky!!!

    I always use them, gently, in my ears. Other wise, wax builds up. I know.... they say don't.

    This is terrible. No way a metal object, should be part of a cardboard and cotton swab. HOw and when, did this become "part" of it??????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am lucky, for sure. My ears produce so much wax I have to use an ear cleaning peroxide solution and bulb syringe full of distilled water to rinse out the chunks. If I don't do it at least once a month, my hearing starts to become obstructed. Ugh... Be well!

      Delete
  4. Eeek. One should be careful with products, though. Things slip through in the manufacturing process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's impossible to avoid entirely, for sure. Be well, my dear.

      Delete
  5. That is awful. I am glad you didn't get hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, that's not good. It's a good thing it didn't get lodged in your ear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lets first address the cotton swab in or not in the ears ~ Always heard that you are NOT to use them like that...I however, ALWAYS do. I always have. As of yet, I have forced wax down inside that caused issues. And I guess that I am one of those folks that have to learn from mistakes (go figure) so until something happens, I will probably continue to do what I know I am not suppose to do! And...does that surprise you? haha...Next, addressing the metal piece, are you sure that was not in the ear and the swab pulled it out? Just kidding, I know not but you are lucky.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!