Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Unveiling of the Blue Meanie

With a little help from my husband (ahem… I’m hearing a certain Beatles song here), I managed to personalize our Volt 2.0, the Blue Meanie, with two of her namesakes. The submarine gave me the biggest problem because I did that one by myself.

It’s a little disappointing that it has a slight front end tilt because I let the turret and steam stack stay attached while resettling the lifted hull. And there are a few tiny bubbles.  Oh, well. He said we could always order another sticker if I feel the need.

Doesn't that car antennae look like it belongs on a submarine? Or a shark?
He had the wise thought to hold the bottom half of the larger sticker away from the window while I started with the ‘bunny ears’ and smoothed downward using a credit card. That one went on like a charm.

Are you seeing sunny weather today?

-

12 comments:

  1. I think the submarine in diving so it's all good. Great job.

    Have a fabulous day, Darla. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wanted to put it at the window bottom but hubby thought we might want to lower that window a bit without fear of ruining them. So, yeah, I think you've got the right attitude.

      Delete
  2. Applying stickers is hard. Now it's your own :)

    I think it's sunny today. It was foggy this morning, but today's room has no windows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kindness. But no windows? Ugh...

      Delete
  3. They look great! It does look like a shark fin (now I have the Jaws theme in my head ). :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's excellent. Unless you need to leave the scene of a crime in the Blue Meanie. It is now rather distinctive. Our weather is beautiful currently and I couldn't be happier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh. Good point. If I decide to do something nefarious, I'll make sure to roll the window all the way down first. Heh... Hurray for nice weather!

      Delete
  5. YES, YES, YES.....66 degrees yesterday and sunshine. We have had so little sunshine it is so nice to have it touching the skin. HAHA....try taking a knife and putting just a hole in the sticker at the bubble and see if you can smooth it out then. Sometimes that works great. Loving that blue color of the car. Mine is a BORING silver looking color. Needs a good vac inside and dusting. Getting to be that time of yr that I love riding with the windows down, so much pollen will be coming in so I need to clean off the dust that has ventured in when the doors opened and get it set with a clean slat to dust it up again! haha..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did think about using a pin to make a hole in those bubbles. ~nods~ Enjoy the weather!

      Delete
  6. the weather in my place, Louisiana is F 70 (C 22) degrees today. Getting warm.

    I think the "car antennae look like it belongs on a submarine."

    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I'm not ready for summer in that it means mowing the lawn. ~sigh~ Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!