Friday, January 7, 2022

Less Than Success...

Yesterday’s untrained foray into cutting my own hair has turned out, well… as Andrew considered the notion, ‘interesting’. My husband hasn’t said one word. I don’t think he’s noticed. He apparently has this stylized image of me that overlays reality. May be weird; it suits me just fine. Liz, I could indeed go to a salon but there seems no point since I have an avatar within the home we don’t often leave.

How I wish I still looked...

Ellen, you are wise to not use pinking sheers for this as Pam would no doubt tell you considering her more successful hairdo upkeep (I cannot imagine using anything more advanced than scissors on my hair). So while I thank you for the support, Katy Isabella, your kind sentiment should be awarded to Pam. At least the new look is passable. Heh…

My other minor failure was much more fun. I put one of Terra’s toy mice in an empty tissue box yesterday and she entertained us both with gleeful energy. Of course, by the time I thought of filming her antics she’d lost interest.

Can you believe my science minded husband can be helpful if I ask for wardrobe advice? Wouldn’t it be awesome if we could project our self image to the real world?

-

18 comments:

  1. terra...984 PAWZ up for actin total lee... sew knot interested.... played with thiz toy... for like 3 hourz... round 2 AM thiz morn :) ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those weren't failures, you had fun and Terra had fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your hair came out nice. We all have a photo of how we wish we still looked. :) That was a fun game you made, cute video.XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we project our self image to the world via avatars. Especially in video games. I guess the main question is, do you like how your hair turned out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, my hair doesn't look terrible but I plan on going for a professional trim sooner rather than later. :P

      Delete
  5. Always the way. You go for the camera and the action stops. Sometimes it best to just enjoy the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You might like The Tangle, a sci fi future thriller about a society where crime has been eradicated and people share a consciousness known as The Tangle. And mostly project themselves to others as avatars. It's a great movie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have got to do that for Katie! And Katie said no...the thought she wrote goes to you. I have a like self image that won't leave me..I ought to put in in my blog as well. Too bad I can't still look like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know, mom let dad cut her hair last time, and they were actually both pleased with the results. Now, for the wardrobe advice- mom wouldn't trust dad for that, and dad won't leave the house without mom's attire approval.

    ReplyDelete
  9. During the 1st wave, my niece cut my hair. During the 2nd wave, I did it myself. Once the 2nd wave waned, I ventured to the salon. We have the 3rd wave. Not yet peaked. But the hair hasn't grown enough. Maybe I will end up cutting it myself after a week or so.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!