Friday, October 1, 2021

Jezebel - Old and Wise, Feline Style

Must I speak again. ~sigh~ Okay...

Well, it's Jezebel here again. The delightful Pam asked for my expertise and thus I decided to change my blog title.

But I'll let my human tell this stupid story, long as usual.
~rolls golden eyes~
Darla here, so thank you, Jezzy. Ahem...


As our cat Tilly got older I noticed she liked nestling onto my husband's heating pad, even unplugged. I began turning it on and finally decided to purchase a pet specific unit. Sad to say, the item arrived the day after Tilly passed away quietly at home.

Regarding high temperatures, one year our cooling system failed and the cats left tiny sweaty footprints. We kept plenty of water available and all ended well. So that's all for now. Be well!


-

17 comments:

  1. I like your new blog name. Well done.

    Keeping our babies comfortable is a good thing to do as they get old. I so remember.

    Have a fabulous weekend, Darla. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know not all cats are the same, like people, some like the heating pad, some like the cooling pads, others not so much. So I was just wondering. I dislike buying stuff that I think would be something the cats would like but does not. That flippy floppy fish thing was one....cats dislike it. I think it might be okay flipping and flopping if it did not make so much noise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those fish are hit or miss here. Heh... I actually did not plan on buying them but didn't argue when my husband couldn't resist. :)

      Delete
  3. Pet heating pads? That's an excellent idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweetie has a heated bed that she spends a great deal of time in...and it's only two days into October!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for her! You're such excellent caretakers of your extended furry family.

      Delete
  5. You are very wise Jezebel- and beautiful. XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a hard time understanding why Katie was making sweaty prints all over the kitchen floor even though I knew that it was because she was sweating. I didn't put two and two together then and remember she had fallen asleep the doorway, in a sunpuddle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My cats love heating pads. It's hard for me to find a human one now that doesn't have the safety thing of shutting itself off after so long. Cats hate that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your home is kitty paradise. :) My husband struggles with his heating pad. Aren't some modern safety measures just a nuisance?

      Delete
  8. I've discovered mom's heating pad. She typically uses it for her restless legs and occasional tummy aches, but once I learned it was heated I can't stay away from it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heartfelt words from Jezebel and human alike: You, too, are wise. :) I'm sorry your mom suffers that syndrome. ~hugs~ Take care of your mom and dad, Cleo!

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!