Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Teamwork - & - Getting My (Sound)Freaq On

When it comes to technology, I've admitted my reticence to change. Our nineties era flat screen behemoth of a television is no exception. My husband just shakes his head and humors me.

After all, this saves us money, especially considering products often don't last long anymore. And our old unit lacks high definition but the video quality remains fine. We have noticed developing issues with the Bose speaker system. Some Youtube channels we like cause our sub woofer to buzz. It's annoying.

On Sunday he presented me with a simple workaround. Playing audio through his smart phone bypasses that entire issue. However, I found his solution disappointing. The creators' voices sound sort of tinny with the small speaker and his handheld device created a jarring disembodied impression.

Then it occurred to me we could utilize my Soundfreaq bluetooth speaker. The results are quite satisfactory.

Old Meets New

Don't you just love when some minor irritant is easily solved with teamwork? Did you know that Bose technicians design state-of-the-art sound systems for Chevrolet Corvettes? And as a bonus fact, (thanks to website Behind the Name) the automotive corporation is named for co-founder Louis Chevrolet, whose surname is a diminutive of chèvre meaning "goat", indicating a person who cultivated goats.

-

15 comments:

  1. Perhaps, and I say this with love, it's time to get a new TV. I mean, I get making things work. And workarounds are great. But sometimes, it's just time to update the tech.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whenever we consider it, some other expense comes up. lol Now we think our refrigerator is dying. ~sigh~ Otherwise, I agree.

      Delete
  2. We make things last here too. We've some old stuff and as long as it works that's all I care about. I do love your fix for the sound though. Two heads make for wonderful results.

    Have a fabulous day, Darla. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Hubby does this type of jury rigging to just about everything in the house, but especially his sound system: ancient speakers from his hippie days, with something he took from my old computer system, and then there is a radio 'antenna', which looks like limp wires...hanging over everything...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you found a solution. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. No I knew nothing of that. Thanks. I needed to know about the goat name. Ha. Just kidding you. I heard the HD screens cost a lot more in electricity, because of pixel density.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to have provided you with valuable information. ~grin~ Thanks for the tip on electricity!

      Delete
  6. You sound highly techno savvy compared to me! Impressed by your solution to your sound problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about that. ~grin~ But I greatly appreciate the sentiment.

      Delete
  7. I accidentally deleted a comment by sweet Cleo (http://oldfartkitty.blogspot.com/), who said her human dad and mom use an old TV, as well. :) Sorry, sweet kitty. I was deleting bot spam crap by the hundreds (!) when I forgot to uncheck your remark from the list to be deleted.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!