Monday, July 20, 2020

Good News Times Two (!) - err... Three Now

On Saturday I checked online and discovered that the YMCA is open again, even the natatoriums. However, clubs outside my specific region are closed to me, which means I cannot swim where I've been going for the last few years.

Oh, well. I only switched because my local Y scheduled too many group classes, kids' lessons, and team practices. Some weekends they closed the pool entirely to members for swim meets. When four of us lap swimmers were forced to share a single lane, enough was enough.

In an ironic twist, members must now reserve a time slot, so I'll practically have the place to myself tomorrow morning (I just reserved a spot moments ago). Also, this Greater Dayton club is in Warren County where Ohioans are not obligated to wear a mask unlike folks visiting Montgomery County, though I probably will.

Later on Saturday I received a voice mail message from our health insurance provider. That ridiculous bill for an out-of-network ER doctor will be reimbursed - with interest! We are so happy. That was quite a chunk of money.

Last but not least, we received a long overdue rainfall last night. It might not have been enough to end the drought but was better than nothing. I all but danced through the storm retrieving items that might have otherwise have blown away (we almost always see high winds here).

Any good news in your part of the world? Are you required to wear a face mask in public?

-

18 comments:

  1. I live in California. You can't get a haircut, nails done but you can buy weed. You can't go anywhere without a mask. We are shut down. No restaurants open, just take out only. I'm so sick of this.

    Great news on getting your money back with interest. That rocks.

    Have a fabulous day, Darla. Stay well. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you're back in lock-down. What strange times. Thanks for the kind words and affection. :)

      Delete
  2. OMG! My sister and her family lives in Warren County, Ohio...they live in Lebanon, and I simply ADORE the area! From my home in Metro Detroit area, a drive straight down I75, then across on 63 takes only 4 hours. There is shopping downtown that I MUST visit at least twice a year, but in a pinch, I'm there for the Horse Parade in December. Isn't it a small world?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How cool! Lebanon is gorgeous. Thinking of it makes me want to visit again.

      Delete
  3. We've been required to wear a mask since April. Although, neighboring county has been chaffing that that so much (I'm sure you've seen some viral videos).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't watch viral videos, but I learned a new word. :) I had to look up chaffing. Heh...

      Delete
  4. I am glad you will get reimbursed with interest. My state does have a mask order, but even if it didn't I would wear one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw almost everyone wearing masks out in public yesterday. And so did I. ~hugs~ Be well!

      Delete
  5. We in the South have been having good rains for almost a month now. But the north, which has been reeling in summer heat, got its first rains yesterday.

    Face mask is compulsory outdoors all over the country. But unfortunately, not all are quite serious about it or about the physical distancing.

    Numbers, not surprisingly, have been rising. India is a densely populated big country. So this is going to be a long haul, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you and yours stay healthy. Best wishes!

      Delete
  6. Hmm, the good news. Well, my car is still running. Tomorrow it won't be 90 plus degrees, only in the 80's. Three females will be fixed tomorrow and I caught two more kittens out there. I wish I could tolerate public pool chlorine. I'd love to be able to swim year round. Nice you'll have a lane to yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your vehicle continues to operate safely. Thanks for all the kind words. Take care!

      Delete
  7. Oh yes, mask are the new accessories here! It try to at least match the color to what I am wearing!!! As for laps, I do them from time to time, a lap to the bathroom and back!! Works great for me. HAHA...did I ever tell you that I can not swim? NO, not a lick. The day before yesterday and yesterday we had rain, a good 15 to 20 min steady shower but today, we actually had several of those types of rains. I was nice. Brought he temp down BUT...tomorrow those temps are back up and will be up the next seven days. Oh Yay. I just can't handle heat, I have to stay in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know, on the mask thing- I know it certainly doesn't help that what comes down from the top is scattered and confusing and there's no clear, across the board direction, but dad says in his travels even at stores and shops where they post "Please wear your mask" or "Face coverings required" signs, there are still lots of people not wearing them. This is so crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Take care of your mom and dad, Cleo. :)

      Delete
  9. Here in the UK we have to wear a mask in public places like shops and various businesses like hairdressers and restaurants. We have been told to continue to keep to social distancing. Cases seem to be declining quite rapidly but we could well get a second spike. I don't think anything will get back to normal until they have found a vaccine. Fingers crossed they get one soon!
    Not So Sweet Toffee
    That's Purrfect

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!