Friday, April 17, 2020

We Love Our Cat, We Love Our Cat, We Love Our Cat (repeat mantra until finished cleaning up)

We do love our geriatric kitty Jezebel. Really. And she’s a good cat, never failing to use the litter box and seldom getting into trouble. Jezzy doesn’t often throw up, either, except when she needs to regurgitate a hairball. When I went in search of her the other day, wondering why she wasn’t using her heating pad, I discovered the reason. Ugh… 

How it went up I have no idea,
no idea whatsoever...

My husband wanted to toss this old couch upon replacement. It had begun falling apart, and that middle console (lifted partway up) made for a very uncomfortable middle seat. But I moved it to the front room and sometimes join Jezebel, sitting on the opposite end with my laptop. Or the poor item below, caught in the fray.

She even spattered my AlphaSmart
tucked under the console...

Poor baby. Of course I couldn’t be mad. Though I didn’t find a fur ball, she no doubt has one developing.

She's back... I think she wants fed.
Did you know cats could projectile vomit? Oh, and Jezebel has settled down, so was she hungry or just bored?

-

20 comments:

  1. Oh my!

    Wondering... Could her owner's concern, over this Horrible Situation we are in, have gotten to her, somehow? And showed itself, in this projectile vomiting?

    Just a thought.......

    πŸŒΌπŸ’›πŸŒΌπŸ’›πŸŒΌ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope not! She has crawled in my lap seeing me cry now and then, but it's been a long time. Be well!

      Delete
  2. Both Celestial Angel and Chuck were really good vomiters; down the cold air vent, from the counter down the wall, into the corner, and all over the carpeting. Da Boyz, however, didn't get the memo, 'cause the two or three hairballs coughed up since they've been with us have been on the hardwood floor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Manny and Chili Bruce are quite the gentlemen. :)

      Delete
  3. I know about cats and projectile puking. Jezebel is a pretty girl.

    I linked this post to Feline Friday. Jezebel asked me to.

    Have a purrfect day and weekend, Miss Jezebel. My best to your wonderful mom. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope she's okay. That sounds so gross.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the concern. :) And it was, but she seems fine.

      Delete
  5. Yes, I know all too well about cats projectile vomiting. They seem to like to be on the highest level of the cat tree when they do it most of the time. Jezebel is a beautiful girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, lovely. ~rolls eyes~ It's amazing how they can maximize the mess so effortlessly. Thanks for the kind word.

      Delete
  6. I clean that sort of thing up (en mass) every morning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. From Toffee the Cat: Seldom getting into trouble? Your Jezebel is in need of some serious training in How To Cause Maximum Disruption.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't do the projectile thing, but I have my own habit of waking mom during the night (day before yesterday minutes before dad's 4:30 alarm) with the all too familiar precursor throaty sound right before dropping the hairball. Dad sleeps like a rock, but wakes instantly at mom's grabbing me and flying out of bed to rush me to the vinyl floor in the hall. Dad says this post makes him want to watch The Exorcist again. What's that mean?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did not know that a cat could try out for a part in the Exorcist. Lily don't throw up often and I had at one point started to get concerned cause I was not finding hairballs. We'll I was not finding them cause I was looking for a big ball of hair....haha. Yep....none cat owner till 57 yrs old here! I was finding however spots of fur, dried of course by the time I found it,that looks just like a patch of fur pulled out. HAHA....yep, that is me for you.Bless little girls heart. And yes when they are sick you can't get on to them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Having had many cats, I am familiar with projectile vomiting.
    Here I have seen cats eating a certain type of leaf and then throwing up. I guess they eat them when they have some sort of stomach trouble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is true about eating vegetation. Though our cats never did that, my family's dogs did. Be well!

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!