Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Hour by Hour, Day By Day, Month by Month, Year by Year


I have intended to post an update regarding the recent ‘excitement’ in our household, especially the wellbeing of our geriatric cat, Miss Silly Tilly Willy. I am ecstatic to report that she rebounded from lung congestion better than we dared hope.
Snuggly Kitty
Of course cats can be deceptive, perhaps hiding illness (and vulnerability) because they are both predator and prey in the wild. So, she returns to the veterinarian on Friday. For now we’re keeping a close eye on her as the first half of the blog post title indicates.

She’s currently tucked against my thigh, having accepted the fact I’m not going to lie across the bed again for more snuggles. The old gal’s increased neediness is putting kinks in my neck and shoulders. Who am I to complain? Her ‘daddy’ accepts lap duty every afternoon for hours.

Meanwhile, I am expected to undergo follow-up health screenings sooner than usual. A benign cyst will be monitored six months after its springtime discovery and four removed polyps (also likely noncancerous) suggest a revisit to the gastroenterologist in three years rather than a decade. Ugh… Fingers crossed, our current blessings of excellent healthcare provision and insurance will continue throughout.

Considering how this year has gone, I nicknamed my new nemeses the Four Polyps of the Apocalypse before leaving the Digestive Health clinic. Thus my increased dietary fiber is meant to stave off said ‘Polypacolypse’. My husband just shakes his head.

~grin~

Can you say polypacolypse five times fast?

-

18 comments:

  1. No I cannot say that five times slowly.

    Good on the kitty and I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for continued good health.

    I too have the same issues as you. It's good to go and get rid of them.

    Have a fabulous day and week, my friend. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all the well wishes! Wish I could hug you for real. :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for visiting our blog, and good news about Miss STW. Ageing is not for the faint of heart, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, about my dental woes...

    Good news, concerning your Dear Cat!

    Hope all your health news continues to be good too.

    ✨🌻✨

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hell I cna't say it not once!!! So glad that Ms. Tilly is doing better. It sure does make out heart better to know that they are well and their health improves. I would love to hope that she conts to improve. Like you said, they hide things. Yep....those colon checks are not fun, the prep sucks! But best to keep a check on all that. I only have to do that check every five yrs. Polps removed here and there, nothing major. No pun intended but they can become a pain in the ......back side! Take care of you and love on Tilly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my dear. You're a special online friend. ~hugs~ Take care!

      Delete
  5. I am so happy that Tilly has improved. ( knock on wood, 3 times). I love your sense of humor. I don't think I an even say the word twice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She's looking great right now. :) Take care!

      Delete
  6. Oh no, I hope you'll be ok. I've had some removed before but they said nothing about increased screening. I have really struggled to maintain any sort of decent health care in recent years with doctors quitting so frequently. Nobody knows my name anymore, if you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think of you all the time when dealing with our superior healthcare system. ~hugs~ Thanks for the kind word.

      Delete
  7. I hope everything goes well for you and Miss Silly Tilly Willy. I tried saying polypacolypse once and failed miserably. I'm afraid five times is far beyond my capabilities!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Everyone's remark on my silly word is cracking me up. Be well!

      Delete
  8. Hi Darla,
    Since I have been quite occupied with my work, I have been erratic with my posts and visits. Trying to catch up.
    Glad to know your cat is fine and healthy.
    I wish you well with your health checkups. Everything will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries! I hope work is going well and appreciate the support. Be well!

      Delete
  9. I can't even say it once. Wishing you and your kitties good health.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!