Thursday, August 8, 2019

Finding Balance in a Crazy World

It’s no secret my life has been tumultuous these many last months. I am happy to report continuing improvement in my little corner of the world.

It’s a shame much of the globe seems to have gone insane. In fact, we live several miles from one of the latest US mass murders.

While I refuse to let hatred snuff my daily gratitude and consider our peaceful neighbors another blessing, it’s tempting to just lock myself away in an ivory tower of escapism.

But my husband deserves a partner with whom to share the burden of harsh reality, especially considering his support through all my worst anxiety. For days on end I spent hours upon hours hiding within my fictional characters’ lives.

I decided to take it a step beyond following current events and engage in his activities. Thus, teamwork has become this summer’s motto.

He appreciates my gardening assistance, handling hoses while he controls the faucets, picking any ripe vegetables while he holds open a bag for me. And I have helped him preserve cucumbers like never before. He marvels at how many spears I can squeak into a jar and praises me over what he calls a string of very clever ideas.

For example, weeds in the strawberry patch grew out of control while high temperatures, blazing sunshine, and miserable humidity kept us indoors. But the plot is in plain view to the public, so I grabbed my beach umbrella and went to work. Twenty minutes later I had cleared out the invasive plants, moving my bit of shade as I went.

Another day we took our car to the car wash and, instead of stepping out of the way as he sprayed soapy water, I grabbed the brush attachment. Following behind him scrubbing where he’d soaped the vehicle sped the process and saved us a few quarters. We only paused once or twice to untangle hoses.

To end on a still lighter note, do you have any time saving tips?

-

12 comments:

  1. I too focus on the good and there is so much good. Some bad, but there has been bad since the beginning of time. It's good that you're a helpmate to your hubby. That's a good thing.

    Have a fabulous day and rest of the week. Be well my friend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad things have been going somewhat well for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. *I* hope your ceiling has been fixed at last. What an ordeal. Be well, my dear.

      Delete
  3. You are a very good wife. I don't do many outdoor things- especially in the garden where there are bugs and snakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet! I am fortunate to not mind most bugs or snakes. And hubby just bought me a nice pair of gardening gloves. I had to go with a man's style so they should hold up better than the crap sold to women. ~sigh~ Be well, my dear!

      Delete
  4. Welcome back to the world of blogging. Missed you. I am so glad things are looking up for you and glad you were able to get out and do a few things. Writing is good but you need to also live your life and not the ones you write about. Just my thoughts. Time saving tips- great question. I know I have some cause I am all about making my life simple as possible so I can have more time sitting on my rear on FB or blogging (talk about living through others)...but for the life of me I can't think of them when I need them. I have found that the more pain and fatigue I deal with the slower pace I move and think in. I am hoping that doing the water PT is going to help me. If I think of a tip...I shall return.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful choice! Join him and help him. Just wonderful!!!

    Time saving tips? Nope. :-))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And no worries on the lack of tips. I appreciate your feedback.

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!