Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Waiting For the Mulch King



I have some awfully clever folks among my extended friends and family. Recently, I got to spend time with my partner’s brother and lovely college age niece.

Laughing over Michael’s juvenile fart jokes and how he terrorizes coworkers to this day, I heard something that piqued my writerly interest. He mentioned the title planned for his family’s imaginary memoirs.

His daughter amusedly chimed in upon hearing him mention “Waiting for the Mulch King: The Story of Our Lives.” Okay, that deserved a story.

Michael did not disappoint. He immediately told about a time when their children were small. He and his wife were anxious to embark on a rare couple’s date. But first they needed to wait for a delivery.

As delay after delay frustrated the couple, Michael’s wife said bitterly, “Story of our lives.” Yes, apparently there is (or was) a Northeast Ohio landscaping company called Mulch King.

I love my brother-in-law.

-

7 comments:

  1. Mulch King, that cracks me up just to say it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to have made you laugh! You made my day.

      Delete
  2. Oh, perfect. Love the idea of a mulch king.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol....Well that name would stick in your mind all the time when thinking of mulch. Course I know the story or my life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol....Well that name would stick in your mind all the time when thinking of mulch. Course I know the story or my life!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure enjoy reading about your life! For all your health issues, you are so active and positive - a true inspiration.

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!