Monday, May 22, 2023

Eye Twitches and Dandelions

Caring for my husband is not difficult when compared to what many folks face; I’ve nonetheless developed a tic under my left eye. Gardening and/or just sitting outside (such as I am now) help my sanity.

However, I have a new concern. The kitty who’s been visiting my garden is now ours. She belonged to the young couple across the street. But when I spoke to the husband while she sat beside me, I learned he hadn’t seen her in five days (!) and was happy to relinquish her. His wife called her Mama or Blurry Face (?) and let her roam day and night. As is obvious, she birthed a litter and I am told she is about seven years old.

Concerned about our coyote population, I brought her inside one evening and had treated her for fleas a while back. So my husband and I already discussed adoption.

Her fur is dirty, stinky, matted, and she has terrible breath, but good food should help with the latter and disposable bathing cloths from my husband’s hospital stay have helped until I can get her to our usual pet groomer. She resides in our closed basement for now. I’ll call when they open at 9am tomorrow. They’re closed Sundays, Mondays, and Wednesdays, so wish me luck.

A vet appointment is scheduled for Wednesday morning since I must drive him to see his primary care physician tomorrow. This new responsibility feels a bit much, but maybe the distraction will be good. Whether you, dear reader, believe or not, I like to think that God has plans.

Meanwhile, the neighbor’s next door have a severe dandelion problem. Oh, well. That inspired my naming our new kitty. I’m calling her Dandelion, or Dani for short. She kept popping up in my garden, after all.

What do you think of the name? Did you know that white cats with blue eyes are often deaf, and the pale fur can lead to sunburn?

-

13 comments:

  1. I love that name for her and I love you for taking her under your wing and helping the poor girl out. This is a beautiful story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like the purrfect name and she did show up at your garden for a reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great name and she's lucky to have you. She will live longer because you're going to care for her properly. Bless you.

    Have a fabulous day and week, my friend. Love and hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Between The Hubby's outpatient surgery, and the decision made to keep him overnight, I was stressing beyond belief! I drove to the store, bought a bag of popcorn and just sat in the car munching. Comfort food.
    Dani is a beauty, and she'll be happy when her kitten-making days are over. At least they relinquished her to you. She's a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry you went through that. ~hugs~ My appetite tends to lower when I'm stressed, so maybe I'll lose some weight. lol She is the sweetest beautiful cat. :) I think she's been fixed, at least. If only the groomer would answer the phone. Heh...

      Delete
  5. It sounds like she'll be better off with you. It's a cute name.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry I had missed this. I am so happy you brought this sweet girl inside. XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like you, this was meant to be. Not before you lost your other cat, but now, maybe when you need it, and the cat needs you. I was always told that a cat picks you, you don't pick your cat. As for the pale fur coloring, yes, I did know that and they can also develop cancer of the skin easily. As for the deaf part, I had read that somewhere recently. But let me also say, THANK YOU for taking this little baby in and giving her such a cool name. Now, let's talk stress and tics.....I say play in the dirt all you want. Maybe even make some mud pies! lol....When I needed that stress reliefer years ago, I would go out and weed out the flowerbeds in my bare hands. I still pot my plants with my bare hands....It's nice to feel the dirt between your fingers.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!