Monday, August 17, 2020

What's in a Name?

Like many people owned by animals, we have used numerous nicknames for our kitties. Jezebel took a while to name in the first place, and I'm unsure as to how we decided or why we started calling her Jeze-boo-bunny-bear. Now however, because I'm once again treating her left eye and ear twice a day for some itching and irritation, I came up with yet another moniker based on "Star Trek: The Next Generation". Well, it's more of an extension. Heh...

In the classic science fiction show, a space-going, hive-minded 'race' headed toward earth to assimilate humanity. Our intrepid Enterprise crew intercepted but found their usual weaponry failing, as these adaptive cyborgs managed to defeat increasing phaser impulse levels. The story made for an excellent cliffhanger ending one season and opening the next.

Cats tend to adapt in a similar way. Treating wily Jezzy requires constant varying approaches. This morning I put down her food as usual, then snapped her up and whisked her to the couch before she ate. I'll probably regret that tomorrow. ~sigh~ We shall see. I have to say she's very sweet, never biting and only scratching me by accident during escape attempts.

Imagine this sweet, sleepy kitty
leading me on a stop-and-go
chase around the house.
 
Is Jeze-boo-bunny-bear-borg too much? Should I drop the 'bear'? And why, do you suppose, is she easier to nab in the evenings?

-

13 comments:

  1. I remember those medication times. Painful at times. It was always a two person job. They can be ever so strong when they don't want you to do something.

    I think you should call your baby whatever you want to. Adorable.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Darla. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. When Chuck was first diagnosed with a bad heart, giving him his meds was a nasty experience. Once The Hubby realized he could sneak up on Chuck while he was sleeping, then pop that stuff down his gullet (Chuck's, not The Hubby's...) life became much easier. It's a matter of learning what the cat tells you they can handle, which is really hard for an OCD person like me: "it's 8:30 am, must give meds!!!!", when the cat will gladly take them at 2:45 pm. As for the nickname, if it makes you happy, then it can be as long and as complicated as you'd like; the cat isn't listening anyhow... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're such good caretakers. :) Thanks for the kind words and giggles.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She won't be easier to grab in the evenings for very long, I imagine. I'm fond of calling furred creatures "fuzzy britches".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fear you are correct. And I like that name. :)

      Delete
  5. Poor kitty. I hope she feels better. We love Star Trek :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh, I hate medicating my cats. Shady is the worst, and seems to sense when I have medication hidden in my hand and begins this mournful howling that probably makes neighbors or anyone within a mile think she is being horrifically murdered.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!