Saturday, July 28, 2018

Rainbow Snippet for July 28th and July 29th


I almost didn’t post a snippet today. It’s been a trying week and I wondered if staying off social media for the day would be advisable. But then I remembered how friendly are the other writers in the LGBT genre who gather on the Rainbow Snippets FB page. And so many other bloggers have been super kind, too, so here I am.

This is actually a fanfic crossover with my original character (I really wasn’t kidding about a crappy week, so when inspiration struck I ran with it to boost my word count for Camp NaNo). Of course, this would not make it into my vampire free series, but I hope you enjoy this little scenario in which werewolf Nickolas is hoping to be dominated by an antiquated undead male (or two, as he just learned!) in some playful power exchange.

Snippet:

“He is everything Nathaniel said he was.”

“Oh, mon ami,” the scarred blond purred, “Nathaniel said many things.”

The implication wrapped in that velvet delivery raised the hair on my arms further than the undead brunette’s magical appraisal of me. I’d been in the scene long enough to appreciate mental manipulation, had employed it from both sides of the spectrum. But two master vampires? I stayed silent and still as possible, willing my heart and lungs to slow down.

~

Making sure to mention no names here but a common one, I can’t help wondering if anyone recognizes the vampires. Have a great weekend!

#rainbowsnippets
_

32 comments:

  1. I don't recognize the vampires, but I'm not much into vampires. I do know that it's pretty steamy over here.

    Have a fabulous day, my friend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very sweet! Thank you, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hm, I'm not much of a vampire novel reader, so I don't recognize them. But that's a pretty steamy prelude to whatever they plan to do next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo, steamy stuff! I’m already falling in love with these characters and this scenario! (heart) Not to mention vampires are a recurring passion of mine, especially when they have a touch of the rainbow to them (more heart)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, hugs to you, my dear. Thank you for the kind words.

      Delete
  5. Sorry, I don't recognize the vampires. I have avoided anything with them since I was a child and my Aunt let me watch Salem's Lot-it scared the heck out of me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, dear! No worries. Now I want to watch that movie again. ~grin~ Be well, my dear.

      Delete
  6. Oh, am I supposed to know who the vampires are? Eeek. I haven't been much into vampires for a decade or so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think this was the best way for me to have ended this post. ~shakes head~ And it's just as well nobody guessed. The author who wrote these characters isn't fond of fan fiction.

      Delete
  7. The last vampire thing I was really into was the TV show Forever Knight, so I'm not much help at guessing who they are either.

    But if it's any consolation, I like the snippet -- a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries. That was a silly thing to ask, putting people on the spot. I'm thrilled you liked this. Be well!

      Delete
  8. I love Vamp stories! Nope sure if you know but I love Supernatural- the show! Keep on writing and creating! Thank you for you kind words through my struggles this weekend...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy if I can do anything to boost you, my dear. You keep creating, too! Thanks for all the kind support.

      Delete
  9. I hope things get better and your creative writing is terrific. Maybe I'm a prude but I wanted to read more of this scene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Your words are high praise. Be well, my dear.

      Delete
  10. I'm not acquainted with the vampires; but I enjoy the snippet. It's like they're sizing up a roast.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, the two that came to mind were Louis and Lestat but I can't remember Lestat being scarred.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, lovely remembrances. I shouldn't have put folks on the spot like this. ~shakes head~ They're from the "Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter" books series.

      Delete
  12. I love that line "velvet delivery". What a hot little snip! Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmm, I have my thoughts, but they're different from the name reveal you made above. Eh, I'm not a vamp fiction person myself, but I did love the sexy edge this snippet had.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two master vampires...yikes, not sure I'd want to be in his shoes, but intrigued to see how he handles it. ♡

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great snippet, I love vamps! I didn't recognise these two, but I enjoyed the steamy scene. I'd love to read the whole story.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great snippet! Very steamy. I hope this week has been better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I am having a good Saturday today. Be well!

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!