Wednesday, August 30, 2017

A Seat on the Council



Sebastion, Remington, and Emerson Are Palaye Royale

The band Palaye Royale has me so hooked that I listen to ‘Boom Boom Room (Side A)’ every single day now and yesterday joined their street team promotional Facebook group known as the Royal Council. Since I already shared their (awesome) official video for 'Mr. Doctor Man', I’ve provided links to one of their fun little promotional clips and an impromptu acoustic performance below.

For those of you who cannot watch videos due to a lack of time, your employer’s permission, data capacity (sorry, my cynical sailor’s sidekick ~hugs~), or what have you, let me tell you a little about the boys.

Emerson, Remington, and Sebastion are three brothers born in Canada and raised in Las Vegas, Nevada USA. Palaye Royale is pronounced 'pal-ay roy-al'. They took that name from the dance hall in Toronto where their grandparents met.

(Isn’t that sweet? I adore origin stories like this.)

Their album’s sound has classic rock influences with a punk sensibility and (I think) a hint of rockabilly. The ‘Side A’ in the title comes from the fact the brothers first intended to release thirty songs, believe it or not. Lucky for us, ‘Side B’ should be out by year’s end.

Not only is their music great, their fashion sense is awesome. And I have to say that Remington’s smoky voice really shines in the acoustic version of ‘Ma Chérie’.

Now I just need to convince their tour manager to book a gig or two at Cincinnati Ohio’s 20th Century Theater. Built in 1941, the building’s Neoclassical Moderne architecture was made for their fashion-art rock style. The venue’s fabulous sound and intimate space are amazing, too.


Do you think I can convince them to play a four hundred person capacity theater? I mean, heck, if they'll play in an equipment trailer, why not?


-

10 comments:

  1. I bet if you had the right angle to get something to go viral, you could convince them. Perhaps do a YouTube video with a bunch of fans. You might have to get creative, but I figure it's doable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, of course its doable. You can make it go viral.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a sweet story of how they got their name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, this is interesting. I am going to have to check them out. Thanks! ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You made my day, Annie. I hope the rescue minions are thriving as I imagine. ~hugs~ You rock.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're cute! Full of life and mischief, like young people should be, and I like the music too.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!