Tuesday, July 14, 2015
Tuesday Tidings for July, 2015
Finding hope in this world is a precious commodity, especially when each day brings something new to fear. Pick any modern social media and you'll find that mainstream sources seem to focus on the negative. That's what sells, after all.
My friends at the Writer Zen Garden blog decided to try and spread uplifting messages. In my small way, I like to share five simple blessings in hopes others will look more brightly toward their own lives.
And so, let me list some joys I find in this day:
1. Our pet groomer can get Tilly the cat in on Friday morning instead of later next week.
2. I got to enjoy camaraderie with writer friends last night, one of whom has a deck surrounded by lovely old trees.
3. Caregivers discovered a blood clot in my mom's leg in plenty of time to save her life...
4. ...and the extensive knee surgery thought needed to help her walk again may be unnecessary!
5. The whole afternoon and evening remain for me to write to my heart's content.
Have any good news to share? Please leave a comment and spread the word.