Today I thought I’d count my blessings. It’s been too long.
1. We have the financial means to meet our needs, obligations, and wants while still donating to charity.
2. I am relatively healthy outside of a sprained ankle (from walking the treadmill!).
3. Both my parents are alive and in my life.
4. My folks love my husband and vice versa.
5. My husband and I still enjoy one another’s company after twenty-two years together.
6. Our pets are healthy and happy; my fish even had babies I hope to raise to adulthood.
7. Well, one cat needs medication but it’s inexpensive and doing the trick when I can get it in her.
8. I own a reliable car and have no car payments.
9. We live in a safe, comfortable neighborhood.
10. My husband asked for a stress test that saved his life.
11. The triple bypass surgery went well and he’s recovered nicely.
12. My husband is in the best health since his Air Force days.
13. I wrote this at a clinic waiting for blood to be drawn but it’s a rare event for a simple health checkup.
May you have reason to give thanks today!