As on many lazy afternoons I lay across my bed flipping a wand toy for Terra to chase. All of a sudden she let out an ear piercing scream. She allowed me to pick her up and put her on the mattress but struggled hard, hissing and growling.
The toy came with her and I soon saw why. Apparently she stepped on the clasp just so, opening it long enough to trap a toe. I ended up cupping her face with my left hand to keep from accidentally getting bitten.
![]() |
| We have played with this since, just not anymore that day... |
The pain must have been excruciating. Not wanting to leave her like that for even a moment, I couldn’t reach out for help as my husband was asleep and would never hear me calling. Dandelion approached as I fought to free my girl. And finally, somehow, I did. After a mere moment Terra acted as if nothing had happened.
Do you think Dandelion was concerned or just curious? And how lucky is it that neither Terra nor I bled as a result of the melee?
-

Ouch, that had to hurt but since nothing was pierced all was okay. Dandelion was concerned, of course she was!
ReplyDelete:)
DeleteYikes! You were both lucky not to bleed from that ordeal. XO
ReplyDeleteOuch. I hate it when things get stuck on the critters. If only they could just tell us something hurt them. Then we could explain that we're just going to fix the problem rather than having them hiss at us.
ReplyDeleteFunnily, we were just looking at that cat's toy about two hours ago in a shop. Perhaps it was a good thing we didn't buy it.
ReplyDeleteI bet the noise got Dandelion interested to see what was going on. Personally, I guess the answer would be the same as the answer to this question, do they get along always? Misty tends to come around when Lily is mouthing off when I am holding her or clipping nails, then on top of the mouthing, she gets pissed cause Misty dared to come over and she gets really mouthing then.
ReplyDeleteYikes. You handled this very well. Dandelion was concerned. Kitties are very smart.
ReplyDeleteHave a fabulous day and week. Scritches to the kitties and a hug to you. ♥
Dear Darla, I am glad that neither you nor Terra bled.
ReplyDeleteDandelion may have been both concerned and curious.
Oh no. Good to hear no major injuries.
ReplyDelete