Saturday, December 24, 2022

Double Socks and My Improvised Door Cover

My husband and I both grew up in Northeast Ohio’s ‘snow belt’, where Great Lake Erie’s waters effect Cleveland/Akron area weather patterns. Having moved southwest toward Dayton, we experience temperatures a few degrees warmer and oftentimes more ice than snow. Yesterday and today, however, the winter cold was/is bone chilling. Three degrees Fahrenheit beats the below zero other Midwesterner’s are enduring.

At least we’ll have a white Christmas…

I’m now wearing looser socks overtop my everyday athletic variety for extra insulation. And I decided to cover our front door’s beautiful beveled glass.
I used hangers with clips...

Another blanket covered our bedroom window all night. Polly pulled it down wanting attention to look outside this morning. ~rolls eyes~ I replaced it and, if I’m not in there, she’ll leave it be.


We’re very thankful there have been no area power outages. My heart goes out to those less fortunate.

Can you believe a neighbor used his snow blower on surrounding sidewalks? Knowing nothing about his dietary preferences, should I offer a reciprocal chore?

-

15 comments:

  1. • ★ Merry ★* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
    •。★ Christmas ★。* 。
    ° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
    ˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
    ˚ ˛ •˛• ˚| 田田 |門| ˚
    * Joy to all! ♫•*¨* Peace on Earth ♪♫•*¨*

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are getting quite a bit of coverage about your weather at the moment. May it ease soon and Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was brutal cold here (for us), it was 4F this morning. Y'all keep warm and yes, the neighbor deserves a treat. Happy Christmas Eve and Merry Christmas from all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brrr...we had 5 degrees last night. We had lost power yesterday morning for 5 hours, but we are most thankful it came back before it got so cold. Keep warm. That was nice of your neighbor. Maybe give him a gas gift card to thank him as gas is so pricey. Have a Merry Christmas. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no! I'm very glad your power returned. And what a brilliant idea! Leave it to you, my dear...

      Delete
  5. We have ice on the inside of several windows; it's just too frigid for this old house.
    Meowy Catmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's really cold. How do you keep your pipes from freezing? And your car starting up. When I lived in Alaska we had plugs in to keep the car battery good. The cold in New York is mind boggling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to address your points. :D I'm thankful that the temperature here has risen.

      Delete
  7. You know in the past it was a given that you could pass out cakes, cookies or something like that, now a days though you never know. The way I see that is pass them out and if they can't eat them, they will pass them on. It was great of him to blow off the side walks. That is amazing. Got so cold here that I covered up the windows and stuff just to keep the cold out. Rugs at the bottom of the door but my windows and doors are pretty tight but when you have windows and its that cold it comes through the glass.HOpe you had a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!