Monday, April 15, 2019

A Novel Idea & One Horrific Article

This April, for a writing challenge I have continued my work-in-progress (WIP) revamped during National Novel Writing Month last November. It’s been a joy spinning the romantic yarn and exploring the plague upon poor young Arick. He and Lita, I’ve decided, are going to make a formidable team against supernatural forces of evil. For a change, my tale is spooling toward novel length.

Today I realized how and why a man from each generation of Arick’s family suffered his burden, saving innocents from accidents and murder. Their bloodline can be traced back to the evil and cruel Delphine LaLaurie from New Orleans in the early 1800s. The society woman’s heinous crimes were familiar to me thanks to “American Horror Story: Coven” several years ago. In my tale, her monstrous spirit lives on even as her descendents pay for her crimes following a Voodoo curse.

Reading some details on the Mental Floss website proved more hair-raising than fiction. Seven other atrocious tales round out the article. In case you share my morbid fascination, you can find it here.

Do you like horror movies/shows?

-

19 comments:

  1. I'm watching Supernatural on Netflix right now and it scared me to pieces. Why am I watching it? I ask myself all the time.

    Have a fabulous day and week, Darla. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say, that's pretty funny. Be well, my dear!

      Delete
  2. No, I don't like horror movies or shows.
    Glad to note that the story has grown into novel length ...
    Good luck, Darla.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Despite having acted in 2 indie horror films, I am not a fan. Although I did like the tv show Grimm. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know you acted in two different ones. That's so cool. I've never seen Grimm. Now I'm intrigued. Be well!

      Delete
    2. I loved Grimm, maybe partly because it was filmed here in Oregon. I just thought it was well done.

      Delete
  4. sometimes, yes I watch horror movies...
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to be in the mood for them, but I don't mind seeing some folks get what is due, at least in the movies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Horror or directive stories grow a sort of fearful eagerness in reader. Yet some thrill is there.Nicely penned.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I'll skip the article. I'm rather squeamish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That never fails to surprise me, considering your brave endeavors. ~nods~ Be well, my dear.

      Delete
  8. You know I have never liked horror movies but yet I love Supernatural which has a horror aspect to it. But the difference is Supernatural is make believe, most horror movies can actually happen and take place. Course, I do believe in the supernatural part of life also.....yep, could not give you a straight answer cause I am always all over the place.!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like how your mind works, even though I know fibro can be a burden to clear thoughts. ~hugs~ Be well!

      Delete

Hope you enjoyed stopping by and please drop a line. I love comments.

Any and all will be published upon approval. Thanks!