Thursday, February 23, 2017

Cent-Ar


There is something about our home that draws centipedes. I think it might have something to do with the semi-rural property edging our sleepy subdivision.

These creatures are not small. They are only marginally shy. One spring the creepy crawlers were everywhere.

I once saw a cheeky monster headed right toward me where I lay across my bed writing in a journal - in broad daylight. Another got into an open DVD case. When I picked it up to put the disk away, the centipede went right down the neck of my blouse.

So the other day should have been no big deal. But I saw it during my morning ablutions. Feeling vulnerable, I called to my partner, who proceeded to not even see the monstrosity hiding in the lower corner of the glass shower stall.

“How is it that I see these things everywhere and you never spot them at all?”

“You have cent-ar.”

I stared blankly. Don't judge. It was early.

“Get it? Radar? Cent-ar? Centaur!”

Yeah. We are geeks. And as previously mentioned, we laugh a lot in this house.

-

8 comments:

  1. Ha! We get an occasional centipede in the bathroom in the Summer. Grizelda loves them...and spiders. Me? I love Grizelda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, my dear! Thanks for sharing Grizelda's talents. Jezebel used to dismantle centipedes but I would find the legs everywhere. That was not so pleasant, so I would rather deal with them myself.

      Delete
  2. Maybe they're just drawn to you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, you have a point. Critters of all shapes and sizes do seem to gravitate toward me. Yikes.

      Delete
  3. HAHA....Well I guess what we get could be worse. We deal with ants in the Nashville area. I think I will stick the ants and leave those guys to you guys! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, Pam, my dear, I don't think I would trade. There is something about ant hoards that bothers me more. I do like seeing the leaf cutter ant trail tubes at the Cincinnati Zoo, however. Best wishes!

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to share your opinion. Hearing from readers adds immensely to my joy of writing!