My partner brought up the idea of listing thirteen movies that always brighten my mood. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it turned out to be.
1. Young Frankenstein - endlessly quotable and forever a favorite
2. Top Secret! - a spoof that barely edged out the classic, darker flick, Kelly's Heroes
3. Clerks II - not really better than the original but I made myself choose one of the two
4. Best in show - Catherine O'Hara is just one brilliant comedic star in this
5. Sean of the Dead - genius
6. Joe's Apartment - roaches are actually cute in this outrageous romp
7. Real Genius - another Val Kilmer project, in it he stole every scene
8. Heathers - dark, dramatic, deliciously funny; a must see
9. Beetlejuice - makes me want a haunted house
10. Willow - while very different, this edged out Napoleon Dynamite on my list
11. Dark City - the surprise ending still blows me away
12. Cousins - the love story never fails to put a smile on my face
13. Dodgeball - this was the best part of the vacation during which I first saw it!