1. No more sweating. I always find it easier to get warm than cool.
2. There is a definitive end to lawn mowing.
3. Weeds have finally stopped popping up and taking over in my perennial garden.
4. My few perennial grasses look stunning in snow.
5. The same can be said for my couple of evergreen trees and shrubs.
6. When leaves are gone from my Harry Lauder’s walking stick it’s even more striking.
7. Animal tracks in snow are fun to see.
8. There is always a chance that snow will shut down my place of employment early an afternoon or two.
9. The purple coneflowers attract finches by the droves.
10. The buzzards are gone but that anticipation of their March return gives me a big reason to look forward to spring.
11. My weeping crabapple tree looks especially pretty with nothing dressing its limbs except the fruit.
12. Gnats and flies have disappeared for the season.
13. I might actually get to drive in snow, which I really enjoy from my upbringing in the Lake Erie snowbelt.